Attorneys and Professional Staff
Theresa M. Skaine specializes in general corporate law, regulatory matters and commercial real estate. She is skilled at complex, multi-party negotiations and able to identify practical solutions to successfully overcome disputes. Theresa’s 23 years of experience, along with her ability to work well with diverse, cross-functional teams, enables her to build strong working relationships with outside stakeholders and vendors. She is highly skilled and responsive to her clients’ legal needs.
In addition to her legal practice, Ms. Skaine is the majority owner of Amanus Consulting Group, LLC from April 2014 to present. This involves project development consulting to private industry, municipal and economic development agencies and utility companies in connection with energy, manufacturing, real estate and infrastructure projects. Some of her responsibilities include site selection, implementation of project plans, schedule coordination, financing/grant assistance, coordination of community forums and report preparation.
Being licensed to practice law in the State of New York since 1994, Theresa has been in private practice since that time. Theresa began her career with Lemery Greisler LLC as an Associate and later a Member of the Firm from 2005 to January 2015, being Managing Member from September 2009 to April 2014.
- Saratoga Care, Inc./Saratoga Hospital, Board of Trustees (Vice Chair)
- Saratoga Regional YMCA Board of Directors
- Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- New York State Bar Association and Capital District Women’s Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association Committee on Women in the Law, Member
- Women Presidents’ Organization, Member
- Former Mentor/Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- Former Board Chair, Wellspring (f/k/a Domestic Violence Rape Crisis Services of Saratoga County)
- 2006 Graduate of Leadership Saratoga – 2013 recipient of Lisa Niles Distinguished Alumni Award
- 2013 Saratoga TODAY Woman of Influence
- New York State
B.A., Political Science and French, Colgate University, Hamilton, NY
J.D., cum laude, Boston University School of Law, Boston, MA