Attorneys and Professional Staff
A strategic legal partner in providing integrated solutions and knowledge to help clients identify opportunities, mitigate risks, achieve objectives, and navigate the legal opportunities and challenges related to environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations.
A government relations, healthcare, and litigation attorney, educator, and consultant with 20+ years of diverse professional and volunteer experience ranging from advocating for vulnerable individuals and populations to counseling not-for-profit entities and corporations with a global reach. Counsels clients on maximizing desired social impact through legal compliance, government advocacy strategies, and litigation.
Legislative, regulatory, and budget advocacy is focused on workplace and employment protections, healthcare access and affordability, and protecting the rights of women, children, and families. Currently works with clients to develop and implement strategies related to state government needs, ranging from general guidance of New York State government to proposing and drafting legislation and providing legal review and written analysis. Regularly appears before members of the New York State Legislature, the Executive Chamber, various state agencies, and key stakeholders that impact health policy, the delivery of health care, health care products and pharmaceuticals, and human services impacting health outcomes.
Legal practice focused on litigation and corporate healthcare counseling, including consumer privacy, healthcare systems compliance, technology.
Encourages and promotes collaborative efforts across industries as a comprehensive and innovative approach to the practice of law and government relations. Strong relationship builder, public speaker, and educator with proven track record of advancing organizations and their missions.
Frequently serves as a legal consultant for local news, cited in the New York Law Journal, and is a legal consultant for nationally published works of historical nonfiction. Adjunct professor. Faculty for NYSBA CLE. Successfully completed studies at the Institute of World Legal Problems at the University of Innsbruck, Austria, under a former United States Supreme Court Justice.
Entrepreneur, small business owner, traveler, and proud mother raising her children and rescue dogs in Upstate New York. Always looking for more time to read and write. Working on finishing her first book.
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Health Law Section, Women in Law Section; Healthcare Litigation Committee; Healthcare Legislation
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Albany County District Attorney’s Office – The Clean Slate Initiative
- St. Peter’s Health Partners, Social Work Program, Domestic Violence and Safe Housing Initiatives
- Richie McFarland Children’s Center
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Western NY
- ARC of Cortland County
- SUNY Cortland Sexual Assault Awareness & Prevention Program
- NYSBA CLE Faculty – Legislative Updates: Reproductive Health and Gender Equity
B.S., Regents College, Albany, NY
J.D., University at Buffalo School of Law, Buffalo, NY
Albany, New York Office