Attorneys and Professional Staff
Sandra Rivera counsels for-profit and not-for-profit businesses and associations on state regulatory, legislative and procurement matters. Ms. Rivera works with clients to develop and implement strategies related to their state government needs, ranging from general guidance of New York State government and procurement to drafting legislation and memoranda, to appearing before the New York State Legislature and various state agencies. In addition, Ms. Rivera counsels clients on the New York State Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise program.
Over the years, Ms. Rivera has worked on legislative and regulatory matters related to the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry, information technology industry and civil and criminal justice. In addition, she has worked on economic development projects ranging from a multi-year, multi-million dollar renovation project to upgrade the facilities of a major sport facility located in New York City to health regulations and authorizations related to health care facility change of ownership. Prior to forming Rivera Law, PLLC, Ms. Rivera worked at prominent Albany firms advising clients on a variety of matters relating to technology, economic development, health and human services, and criminal and social justice.
Before attending law school, Ms. Rivera started her career in the New York State Assembly Majority Leader’s Office and went on to work at the state teachers’ union to advance their agenda before various state agencies.
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars
- NYS Office of Court Administration – Franklin H. Williams Judicial Commission on Minorities
- Albany Law School – Government Law Center Advisory Board
- New York State Bar Association
- Executive Committee
- House of Delegates
- Committee on State Legislative Policy
- Committee on Federal Legislative Priorities
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York
- Albany County Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (General Law and Practice Committee)
- New York State
B.A., magna cum laude, University at Albany, Albany, NY
M.A., magna cum laude, University at Albany, Albany, NY
J.D., cum laude, Albany Law School, Albany, NY